Seems like it was just last week I listed my top 5 delay plugins, well now I’ve got a new favorite. Nasty DLA is the new chorus delay device from the ever awesome developer Bootsy.
This plug sounds as good as it looks. I’ve already used it with success for vocals in a mix. It sounds fantastic on my favorite synths like V-Station. This can be as clean or as dirty as you want it, it’s pretty flexible. Looks like this is going to be my most used delay.
I only have 2 small complaints with this and Bootsy’s other great effects. 1- No mousewheel control of knobs (yeah most fx are like that) and 2- No Mac version.
If you’re on a PC you’ve got to try this!
Get it here: http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/
- input stage model including signal coloration and non-linearities (switchable)
- classic chorus/flanger effect with amount and rate control which automatically adopts to the delay line configuration
- frequency balancing filter for dead-easy overall tone adjustments in the feedback path
- two different feedback color modes
- feedback circuit and control which supports resonance up to self-oscillation
- standard DSP 12dB high-pass filter
- custom “tape style” low-pass filtering
- sophisticated “tape hiss” noise simulation
- negative or positive pre-delay
- comprehensive tape dynamics simulation taken from the core of the award winning FerricTDS
- the dynamics offers a slight audio ducking effect (switchable)
- two independent delay lines with up to 3sec delay time and sync to host
- delay time modulation with two different modes
- additional phase distortion (switchable)
- audio level metering display
- dry/wet controls plus “wet only” option
- power / bypass switch
- all parameters available through host automation