After a quick test I found that all that was wrong is some missing fader handles and a loose crossfader. During the testing I got the wild idea to create a feedback loop, taking the recording output and connecting back into the inputs. By using the fader, gain, tone controls I was able to manipulate the feedback and get some really interesting results. I recorded from the headphone output into stereo DI to the DAW. Adding some reverb with ValhallaVintageVerb took this to a whole other level. I’m pretty damn happy with this and it might turn into a sample library.
This is another great example of ‘doing it wrong’ that turns out to be something great. I’m into that kind of thing, we’ve actually done 3 episodes of the Home Recording Show with that theme: HRS #119, #120, and #199.
Here’s a clip processed with 40% wet reverb, compression and brickwall limiter.[audio:http://audiogeekzine.com/wp-content/uploads/mixer-synth-demo.mp3|titles=mixer synth demo]