Wow, what a year.
Here are of our favorite and most popular posts from 2010
02/09/10: Mixing Tip – Delay instead of reverb
02/23/10: 10 reasons why home studios suck
03/12/10: Top 10 Free Pro Tools RTAS Plugins
03/28/10: Drum Damping Techniques
04/22/10: Learning REAPER – Resources & Help
05/03/10: Editing to tighten performance
07/02/10: Synthesizer Basics – Lesson 1
07/16/10: Synthesizer Basics – Lesson 2
07/17/10: The History of the Shure SM57
08/06/10: Pro Tools & Windows 7 optimization
08/07/10: Synthesizer Basics – Lesson 3
08/12/10: Neve 1073: The History of Awesome
08/25/10: Checking drum tracks for phase issues
09/19/10: The History of The Roland TR-808
09/28/10: How to mic anything
11/04/10: Comb Filtering Demonstrated
11/09/10: Why I’m not upgrading to Pro Tools 9…yet
11/17/10: Guitar Recording – Old Vs New strings
Some highlights from my life in case you’re interested
– loads of drum editing
– The store/studio I worked for closed and changed owners and is still running online.
– Made some great recordings with the band Cardinal Chase
– Moved to the opposite side of the continent, from Mississauga Ontario to Vancouver British Columbia.
– Waited about 2 months for most of my studio gear to arrive.
– The site went down again when Bluehost lost all my files again.
– Met Dave Chick, Derek K. Miller from Inside Home Recording
– Started the Vancouver Home Recording Group on Meetup.com
– Met Slau from Sessions with Slau
– The birth of our baby girl, Alice.
– Really dug into REAPER and made it my main DAW.
– New gear! True Systems P-Solo, several mics, LaCie Quadra D2, Novation Nocturn49, Ampeg BA112, Universal Audio UAD-1 PCIe, TC Electronic Level Pilot, THD Hotplate, and too much software to count.