Christmas is a month away. I’ve made up a short list of inexpensive items that I and many other audio geeks would love to get this year.
- New Korg Monotrons – http://www.korg.com/monotron
The new Monotron with delay effect looks like a lot of fun.
- Redhead windscreen for handheld audio recorders – http://www.redheadwindscreens.com/
Quality wind protection in funky colors.
- USB3 Universal Drive adapter – http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/U3NVSPATA/ and protective drive sleeve http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/HDANTISH35/
Most techy guys have more drives than cases or space for. This is a great solution for temporary external drives.
- NuPad desk organizer http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/NUPDORG/
This aluminum and leather organizer would go great with my new iMac and keep my keyboard from sliding around.
- Apple Battery Charger with 6 NiMH batteries http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC500LL/A
I’ve done some research on NiMH rechargable systems and Apple is rated very highly. The charger only does two at a time so it won’t be perfect for all users.
- Musical instruments from around the world http://www.tenthousandvillages.ca/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&category=M_Mus&template=&start=24
You may have one of these stores locally like I do. I got several unique shakers this month and have already used them in some of my projects.
- 12 Gauge Microphones – RED12 Omni and GREEN12 Cardioid http://www.12gaugemicrophones.com
Condenser microphones built into shotgun shell casings. Great idea and low cost. I will be reviewing pairs of both models once mine arrive.
What do you hope to get this year?
I wouldn’t mind some of those Korgs in my stocking this year :p