This week DUY announced their Z-Room Reverb effect (Windows RTAS; Mac VST|RTAS|AU|MAS/MOTU) is now free.
DUY Z-Room features
- High quality density and diffusion provide an unparalleled sound quality.
- Total control over parameters which had never been available to the user before, with a friendly and intuitive user interface.
- Three modes: Deluxe, Economy and Earlies. The second allows to free processing time, and the third focuses the strength of the algorithm on the processing of Early Reflections.
- An exclusive Rehearsal Mode allows you to set the parameters while hearing the real impulse response of the reverb. This is one of the finest tools to evaluate the quality of the reverb.
- You can choose between several room responses (reverse, gate, hall, room, stage…). All these values can be modified with the Stretch and Pre-delay parameters.
- Processing time is freed when you choose not to include Early Reflections.
- Internal 64-bit processing.
- Independent mixing controls for each of the three selectable bands, as well as for the Direct, Early Reflections and Reverb signals.
- Total control over the iteration depth, with six levels of calculation.
- Over 50 presets are included.
- Z-Room is the only reverb that allows you to control the time base of the reverb’s algorithm.
- Visualization of the Direct, Early Reflections and Reverb signals in the time domain.
Good god it’s ugly, but DUY makes good stuff and you can never have too many options for reverb. Worth a try, if it sucks let me know in the comments.
Get yours here: https://services.duy.net/zroom-free.asp