Apple computers are almost studio ready right out of the box. There is very little required from the user in terms of optimization.
- Enable secondary click in Mouse Preferences
- Disable Natural scrolling direction in Mouse Preferences
- Set scrolling to without inertia in Universal Access>Mouse>Mouse Options
- Change show spotlight from CMD+Space to Option+Space in Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts (so you don’t conflict with Pro Tools recording shortcut)
- Disable Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible in Energy Saver preferences
These are just some of my own suggestions.
please note, this article was originally written for OSX 10.7 but has been updated over the years and should be considered almost entirely up to date.