Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd (Mastering Media, Production Advice) has released a new video course on equalization in mastering. Home Mastering EQ takes an in-depth look at using a variety of software equalizers in a home studio mastering situation. 6 songs are used for the demonstrations covering several genres.
What Is It ?
Home Mastering EQ is a “deep dive” into using EQ in mastering.
Almost 5 hours of HD videos using a whole new set of musical examples, entirely focused on EQ, EQ and only EQ
You’ll find out:
- The crucial step you must take before using any EQ
- The difference between EQ balance and EQ matching - and why it matters
- Why analogue and digital EQs are different, and when to use them
- How to “speak EQ” using keywords to remember how different frequencies sound
- How to translate the way EQ makes you feel into knowing what your music needs